Vegan "Sausage" and Peppers Pizza ft. Daiya Foods Cutting Board Shreds
Pizza Time! But make it Vegan. So I will be the first to admit, I am not a Vegan, and I LOVE cheese. I know some of you out there have dietary restrictions and lifestyle choices though, so this one is for you. @daiyafoods NEW Cutting Board Shreds are great for meals involving ooeygooey cheese, like pizza!
Vegan “Sausage” and Peppers Pizza
Makes 4 Mini Pizzas
-1 lb plant based "meat" protein
-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
-2 tsp smoked paprika
-2 tsp chili powder
-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
-2 tsp minced garlic
-1/4 tsp dried oregano
-1/4 tsp cumin
-1tsp olive oil
-1 sweet red or yellow pepper, chopped
-store bought pizza dough
-1 bag of Daiya Mozzarella Style Cutting Board Shreds
-green onions, chopped
-ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat a tsp of olive oil, then brown 1lb of your favorite plant based “meat” protein. Break it up into small pieces. Add 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar, 2 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, and 1/4 tsp ground cumin. Stir to combine and let cook for 5 more minutes. We’re going for ground chorizo vibes here!
2. In a small skillet, heat a tsp of olive oil, then add a chopped sweet pepper. I used 4 yellow and orange mini sweet peppers for more color. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté on low heat for 5 min.
3. Use your favorite pizza dough, either homemade or store bought. Quarter the dough ball- we’re making 4 mini pizzas!
4. Stretch your dough out into a round. I roll the sides of mine up slightly for a nice crust.
5. Place your dough in an air fryer on 400 degrees, or in a regular oven at 450 degrees for 6 minutes.
6. Take out of oven, top with a few tbsp of your favorite red sauce, sprinkle with Daiya Mozzarella Style Cutting Board Shreds and return to the air fryer or oven for another 3 minutes to get the cheese melty.
7. Remove pie from oven, and top with some of the “Chorizo,” some of the sautéed peppers, and chopped green onions.
Thanks @thekitchn for helping me test out Daiya’s new Cutting Board Shreds!