Lightened Up Meatball Parm Hero Ft. Premio Sweet Italian CHicken Sausage
Healthier eats can still taste amazing with Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage! I’ve been swapping out ingredients with better-for-you alternatives in my kitchen while cooking lately, but obviously still need my comfort food fix. Yesterday I used Premio Sweet Italian Sausage to whip up a Lightened Up Meatball Parm Hero! Click here to locate this item near you!
Lightened Up Meatball Parm Hero ft. Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
-1 package of @premiofoods Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
-1/2 cup Seasoned Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
-1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
-1 Large Egg
-Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese (the block), sliced
-1/2 cup of your favorite Red Sauce, warmed
-1 Whole Wheat Baguette
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
3. Remove the sausage from its casing. Place sausage in a large bowl and combine by hand with breadcrumbs, pecorino romano, and egg. Do not add salt! There is enough in the seasoning and from the cheese.
4. Place a piece of nonstick aluminum foil on a sheet pan.
5. Form golf ball sized rounds with the sausage mixture and place on sheet pan. You should have 12 meatballs.
6. Place tray in oven. Bake for 10 minutes, flip meatballs, bake for 10 minutes more. (20 minutes total)
7. Remove sheet pan and turn oven on to broiler setting.
8. Cut baguette into thirds and slice each piece in half, leaving one side attached.
9. Place bread open faced on a second sheet pan covered with aluminum foil, and top each with 2 (or more) slices of the part-skim mozzarella.
10. Place under broiler for 3 minutes.
11. Warm your red sauce in a sauce pan on the stove, or in a glass measuring cup covered with wax paper or paper towel in the microwave for 40 seconds.
12. Remove bread from oven. Top each with 3 meatballs, and a drizzle of the sauce. Fold top half of bread over and enjoy!