I know Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest, but it somehow always ends up being the busiest day of the week for me. Between the Zumba class I teach in the morning, the dog park with my pup Grover, and all the procrastinated errands leftover from the week, I find myself running around all day. When I get home, all I want is something quick and simple for dinner. Tonight I threw together a meal using the remnants of my refrigerator and pantry: bowtie pasta, shrimp, artichokes, capers, parmesan cheese, and fresh mozzarella cheese, in a brown butter lemon wine sauce. It was so good I ate it all myself, but it's enough for two! Enjoy :)
Simple Skillet Pasta & Shrimp
2 cups of bowtie pasta
1 1/2 tbsp salted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup dry white wine
20-30 small frozen shrimp, tails off, deveined and thawed
6.5 oz marinated and quartered artichokes drained
1 tbsp capers drained
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella diced
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 12 minutes
2. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Let butter begin to brown before adding lemon and wine. Let wine evaporate, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, artichokes, and capers to sauce. Stir into sauce, then heat for 4 minutes.
4. Drain pasta well and add to skillet. Stir in so pasta is coated in delicious sauce.
5. Stir in grated parmesan cheese.
6. Off heat and stir in fresh mozzarella.
7. Turn on Netflix, relax and devour!